• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Tang sight for Seneca

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spook1

32 Cal
Reaction score
Guys I luckily picked up a tc Seneca 36 caliber. The gun is decent shape but not new by any means. I am wanting to find a tang sight for it to squirrel hunt with but realize the factory tang sights are out of my price range.
Does anyone know of another sight that can be used in this tang? I was hoping there was something out there that would mount up and maybe just need another hole tapped.
I also see ironsighter scope rings for these but don’t see anywhere where they would be mounted. The only holes on my gun are the holes on the tang. I was just curious how those worked anyways.
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Attachments

• E89487DA-AD75-41E9-85A6-4A632B069C0C.jpeg
    E89487DA-AD75-41E9-85A6-4A632B069C0C.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 74
Quick question. Will the tang sights for a hawken fit a Seneca. I figured not but didn’t know if they would be close. I did find a Williams sight for a hawken for cheap at a local shop but didn’t think it would work

Quick question. Will the tang sights for a hawken fit a Seneca. I figured not but didn’t know if they would be close. I did find a Williams sight for a hawken for cheap at a local shop but didn’t think it would work
They were not designed to; T/C sight No. 7194 fits Hawken and Renegade models; T/C sight No. 7196 fits Seneca and Cherokee models. My source for this information is directly from a NOS Tang Sight hang card. The base of the Hawken sight is wider than the tang of the Seneca. I don't know if entire sight is smaller scale for the Seneca or not; maybe Bubba50 will chime in; I'm sure he probably knows.

Thanks for the reply.

I am waiting on one from boomerang who was a super nice guy. I saw that hawken sight at a small shop and was just curious.

Back