• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Tang screws

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike in FL

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all. I have Lyman /Pedersoli GPR, flint, which shoots nicely with the factory buck horn rear sight, but I want to install a Lyman 57 receiver sight. Track shows the sight to fit my rifle does not come with the screws to secure it to the base. What da heck?
Does anyone have any ideas about where I might get the screws?
BTW, no rush because the 57ML does not seem to be in stock anywhere. I reckon I'll have to get thru the coming season with the open sigh that came on it, but I surely would like to have that peeper.
Good shooting everyone.

Is this something you'll have to drill and tap the tang? If so the choice is yours as long as the screw head fits the countersink in the sight.

Or. call Lyman and ask them what screw they'd recommend for your application. Maybe they have them or maybe they can direct you to a source.

Track is where I get most of my gun screws.

Interesting. I purchased that same sight for my percussion GPR a few years ago and I don't seem to recall having to come up with any extra hardware to mount it.

According to Track of the Wolf, they sell the sight specific to the Perdersoli GPR. It would be nice if they were the same in that regard.

Latest posts

Back