• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Taking a flyer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbo

32 Cal
Reaction score
Taking a flier here...Have been watching classifieds closely. I have been searching for a .62 cal Flintlock rifle. Jaeger or English Sporting style. Just a good,well built hunting gun,not expensive,carved,or inlaid beyond a patch box or so,but there seems to be very few of the larger bores available. I am hoping the Forum could point me at a few dealers/traders around the country who have some rifles for sale.... Any suggestions??

Get a 1” Renegade T/C Flintlock…. send to Bobby Hoyt for a Rebore. Probably as Low a price for a good quality Rifle as you can get. I believe Track of the wolf offers a full length Stock… You can finish that stock while barrel is off getting worked on. Just a idea.

Get a 1” Renegade T/C Flintlock…. send to Bobby Hoyt for a Rebore. Probably as Low a price for a good quality Rifle as you can get. I believe Track of the wolf offers a full length Stock… You can finish that stock while barrel is off getting worked on. Just a idea.
Offered Bobby hoyt a 1 inch Cva 50....refused to go beyond 54

Nope. If it was a rifle it would be on its way to me.
"Excellent little German Jaeger - type flintlock short musket by Jim Fahling. Smooth bore approximately .72 caliber. 21" long"

I have .62 rifle with a Hoyt or Getz barrel by Keith Vance. He wasn't sure, and I didn't care. They are both good barrels. Comes with a single and a double set, single acting handmade trigger. PM me if you are interested.
Vance .62 rifle 007.JPG
Vance .62 rifle 003.JPG

Last edited:
Bobby did a 1” Renegade for another member I know, and when I asked Bobby personally on the phone about 4 weeks ago… He stated “No problem” to smooth bore it.
So he may only rifle it up to .60

Bobby did a 1” Renegade for another member I know, and when I asked Bobby personally on the phone about 4 weeks ago… He stated “No problem” to smooth bore it.
So he may only rifle it up to .60
I talked to the shop..They refused to go beyond 54 cal rifled in a 1 inch CVA 50 barrel. I can only speak to what the man told me. As for a smoothbore,I'm not the least bit interested

Howdy, dbo,
There are lots of great folks on this forum, but there are a few bad guys that will lie to get your money.
A new rule that we've been following here lately, due to scammers, is we require a seller to include a piece of paper with their name and current date in a photo with the rifle. That helps show that they actually have the rifle in their possession. It's not fool-proof, but there have been a lot of scammers here lately, and we're up in arms, so to speak.
Also, if someone responds to your Wanted with "My friend in Texas has just what you want", well, that guy in Texas doesn't have the gun, and they're just trying to get your money. I'm in Texas, and it makes me mad that they drag Texas into their swine pool! A bunch of lazy scoundrels preying on honest folk. Get a rope! ☠
So, just be careful, and if you think something stinks, it probably does. Tell us about it, and we'll help guide you through the slime.
And, Welcome to the Forum! :ghostly:

I personally spoke to Bobby,about a tc renegade and not a cva.

probably worth a call to ask Bobby about that directly.

I can only inform you of my experience
I talked to the shop..They refused to go beyond 54 cal rifled in a 1 inch CVA 50 barrel. I can only speak to what the man told me. As for a smoothbore,I'm not the least bit interested

Taking a flier here...Have been watching classifieds closely. I have been searching for a .62 cal Flintlock rifle. Jaeger or English Sporting style. Just a good,well built hunting gun,not expensive,carved,or inlaid beyond a patch box or so,but there seems to be very few of the larger bores available. I am hoping the Forum could point me at a few dealers/traders around the country who have some rifles for sale.... Any suggestions??
I was just on the Old Arms of Idaho site and it looks like the Jeager your talking about listed on there for $750.00

I would hazard a guess that the issue here is the CVA breech plug. Due to its construction, it may preclude being bored out past .54.

Back