• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Take a look at these Nipples!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BSF stands for British Standard Fine. It is a standard for screw threads used in the UK.
Not only are these threads different in the thread pitch but the shape of the threads are different when compared with the UNC and UNF threads used in America.
There is also a BSW thread standing for British Standard Whitworth. These are the "Whitworth" threads owners of old British cars sometimes run into. Not only is the Whitworth thread a different shape and pitch but the wrenches needed to tighten or loosen them are a different size when compared with the American style threads.
Adding to the confusion, there is also a British Motorcycle thread. Most of the different sizes of this use a 26 pitch thread.

Thank goodness, most of these old style threads are not used any more for new production so now the main threads are the American UNF and UNC and the Metric thread series.
We can always depend and expect a detailed answer from Zonie. It just amazes me how he can throughly break everything down into coherent information that even I can understand. Zonie has taught me so much along my personal growth in Traditional Muzzleloading.

I have a bucket list of whom I’d like to sit down with and really get to know. Zonie definitely ranks at the top along with a few others here on the forum.

Respectfully, Cowboy

Eterry,

You say you haven't fired the gun. Blowback may not be a problem; Pukka Bundook is right about period mainsprings being much heavier than what we are used to in our repros.

Richard/Grumpa

Back