• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Tactical" Flintlock Pistol w/NiteLite

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it. I believe it would hold a goodly quantity of No. 4 buckshot so fine accuracy would not be required.

Very neat indeed. That would be the neatest gun in one's collection. Wonder if it was designed for home protection or for pit lamping?

I think it were a gun of the elite Texas Rangers who might have used 'em ta hunt 'merican Injuns at night. These brave men could mosey the fields or into a family's tepee after dark, mesmerize the Comanche in place with the light from the Franklin lamp, and mow 'em down.

These and other pistols turned the tide not of battles but the war against the Injuns in the South West I recently done heard tell here...

I've got it!

You load with a small charge of black powder and top it off with a piece of char-cloth. Charge the pan, fire the char-cloth out the barrel. Run across the room and pick up the char-cloth and place it in a nest of tow. Blow until flames appear. Voila! Use burning tow to light candle lamp!

I so smart I surprise myself sometimes.

I wonder if the candle had to be re-lit after each shot?
I heard it said that in the Old West one shot from a cap-n-ball revolver would put out every candle lamp in the saloon from indoor concussion. Wonder if that is true as well?

rawhidekid said:
Would think it would have been good in mines.

:nono: :nono:
I was in a mine when someone fired a gun. :slap:

I don’t recommend it

William Alexander

Thanks, I'll remember that. Just made me think of all the westerns I've seen were prisoners are worked in mines and the guards have guns.

Highly suspect.....like the bladed musket/tomahawk fakes.

Back