• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Trouble's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said,I can't readily get other powders. I'm stuck with 2f. You're idea of the nipple being drilled or worn out may have some merit,as water runs pretty darn freely from it when I clean her. Still,I doubt that contributes or detracts from the accuracy.
That will indeed affect accuracy. I'm wondering if the barrel twist would be better with a longer bullet?

Last edited:
@Bigpete, I've been on the Forum for a long time. I am sure your observation is true or that like me, have forgotten what was written on these earlier pages.

To @waksupi, no, a round ball with tight patching and a fairly dry lube is equally as likely to improve accuracy as has been written about many times in the last 9 pages.

Omfg. I'm gathering no one has bothered reading this entire thread
Hahaha
What a funny attitude!
Do realize this thread started November of last year and has 9 pages. Those of us who have followed it from last year have probably forgotten the nitty gritty details.
I figure it's MY duty to ensure my audience gets my communication. Getting upset with them for not following along and calling them idiots (for whatever reason) would only punctuate my failure to get the communication through. So, yeah, maybe there's someone in the audience who isn't quite as bright and takes a bit longer for the message to sink in, or takes a shortcut and asks a stupid question - what harm is there in gently repeating yourself? Perhaps take the route of those long-running tv serials - every new episode refresh the audience with a rundown of previous events.
There's no effort involved replying by pasting a prior development that answers the 'dumb' question.
But please don't make exasperating or denigrating comments about the audience - it reflects badly on you.

Appears I've got it shooting again. Load is 60gn of 2f,greased thick leather wad,15 thou spit patch, .350 round ball. Distance is 25m. First 3 shots were cleaned between each shot, 4th shot was a dirty barrel. I'm pleased.

Attachments

• 20220305_084340.jpg
    20220305_084340.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220305_084743.jpg
    20220305_084743.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 16
Back