T/C Trigger Set

Discussion in 'Flintlock Rifles' started by 7shortmag, Jan 14, 2020 at 12:22 PM.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jan 14, 2020 at 12:22 PM #1

7shortmag

7shortmag

7shortmag

32 Cal.

Now that I have ordered an L&R replacement lock for my Renegade, I suppose I should look at the trigger set.

Are the T/C triggers good?
    Should I look for an upgrade set?

2. Jan 14, 2020 at 12:58 PM #2

Loyalist Dave

Loyalist Dave

Loyalist Dave

Cannon MLF Supporter

There generally isn't anything wrong with TC set triggers. However, if the sear-bar isn't in the same location when the L&R lock is installed as it was when the TC lock was present, then the function of the TC set triggers in relation to the new lock may change. You may find that the angle of upward impact is not correct to trip the sear on the lock. It's not a TC function problem, but would be a location problem, and moving the location of the set trigger would be the solution.

LD

3. Jan 14, 2020 at 3:04 PM #3

Eric Krewson

Eric Krewson

Eric Krewson

54 Cal. MLF Supporter

I used an L&R and a TC set trigger together in a Renegade with no problems.

I have posted this before many times; I built a TC kit that had a horrible trigger, I pulled the trigger and found the trigger bar was as rough as a washboard. I used a sanding block to smooth out the ripples and gave the bar a high polish. The awful trigger changed to be much lighter and as smooth as silk.

You can see how rough the trigger bar was in the part I didn't polish because it didn't contact the sear.

tc rough trigger.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted