• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Trigger Set

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7shortmag

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Now that I have ordered an L&R replacement lock for my Renegade, I suppose I should look at the trigger set.

Are the T/C triggers good?
Should I look for an upgrade set?

There generally isn't anything wrong with TC set triggers. However, if the sear-bar isn't in the same location when the L&R lock is installed as it was when the TC lock was present, then the function of the TC set triggers in relation to the new lock may change. You may find that the angle of upward impact is not correct to trip the sear on the lock. It's not a TC function problem, but would be a location problem, and moving the location of the set trigger would be the solution.

LD

I used an L&R and a TC set trigger together in a Renegade with no problems.

I have posted this before many times; I built a TC kit that had a horrible trigger, I pulled the trigger and found the trigger bar was as rough as a washboard. I used a sanding block to smooth out the ripples and gave the bar a high polish. The awful trigger changed to be much lighter and as smooth as silk.

You can see how rough the trigger bar was in the part I didn't polish because it didn't contact the sear.

tc rough trigger.JPG

Latest posts

Back