T&C Thunder Hawk

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtDart

32 Cal
Reaction score
I'm looking for anyone out there who has experience with the T&C Thunder Hawk rifle. I purchased one (50 cal) and I'm interested in learning about others experience with it. Mine is the carbine model and it is set up for percussion caps, not 209 primers. Mine came without the screws that fill the tapped holes so if anyone knows where I can get replacements I would be interested.

TreeMan

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
That’s an in-line rifle correct? If so those aren’t allowed for discussion on this site. Visit the sister site for modern muzzleloaders.

bubba.50

54 Cal.
Reaction score
The fore-end is ‘free floated’ for accuracy. I had to shim mine til l got contact to get any accuracy frrom it. Check the set screw section at the haardware for filler screws.

DirtDart

32 Cal
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't realize that this was an exclusive site. I'll find somewhere else to go. Thanks for the help Bubba!

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we do limit the discussions to the kinds of guns that were made before 1866 but our sister forum, Modern Muzzleloaders is a great place to go to discuss the more recent designs.

Here's a link to it

Rawhide67

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Isnt the treehawk a camo version of the greyhawk? If so, it's a sidelock percussion gun. Plastic stock but still a sidelock.

Disregard, I misread the model and went off on a tangent.

Last edited:

Rawhide67

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Dirt dart, most well stocked hardware stores carry gunsmith screws. Just a matter of determining the thread size to fill what I assume are for a peep site or possibly scope base on your gun.

I don't have the treehawk, but my 50 cal greyhawk does well with tc maxi balls, I think 300gr. 75 gr of 3f powder, ignited by a musket cap in the case of my gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts