• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

T/C thread pitch?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently, i was able to score a tang sight for my Thompson Center Renegade, which has the older style "three hole" tang. One hole in the sight base accepts the wood screw which holds the tang into the stock, and the middle hole in the tang is where for front screw of the sight.

Can anyone tell me the size and thread pitch of this little guy? It looks pretty fine, and i don't want to bugger it up by forcing the wrong size threads through the hole.

Thanks!

Recently, i was able to score a tang sight for my Thompson Center Renegade, which has the older style "three hole" tang. One hole in the sight base accepts the wood screw which holds the tang into the stock, and the middle hole in the tang is where for front screw of the sight.

Can anyone tell me the size and thread pitch of this little guy? It looks pretty fine, and i don't want to bugger it up by forcing the wrong size threads through the hole.

Thanks!
I have a T/C tang sight that is still in the package; it comes with an 8-32 screw per the instructions on the back. Those instructions state that, "All current rifles will require drilling and tapping." I wouldn't think that T/C would change screw sizes when they drilled the holes. I realize that that would be assuming. Best of luck with the new/old sight.

8x32 is correct for factory drilled & tapped holes in T/C tangs.

Another vote for 8-32. I installed a Lyman 57 on my TC Hawken. I had to drill and tap for the 8-32 screw that comes with the sight. Lyman is thoughtful enough to package two such screws with the sight . . . just in case one might disappear during installation. Good PR and it costs them next to nothing.

Another vote for 8-32. I installed a Lyman 57 on my TC Hawken. I had to drill and tap for the 8-32 screw that comes with the sight. Lyman is thoughtful enough to package two such screws with the sight . . . just in case one might disappear during installation. Good PR and it costs them next to nothing.

Only drawback to that is a lot of people see two screws and assume they’re supposed to drill and tap two holes. I’ve. Seen it a hundred times or more.

Back