• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD T/C Seneca lock screws

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
6627-D46-E-E6-E6-41-AF-85-B4-1-BEA89-E4-F3-C3.jpg

I’m looking for a few of the screws the pencil is pointed to. Bridle screws maybe? Not sure if that’s the right name or not?
This is a Cherokee/Seneca lock and I’ve got several of them that have broken-headed screws in them. There are 2 of them in a lock and they aren’t the same size as the ones in a T/C Hawken lock.

Last edited:
If you know the thread size, the hardware near me has a small selection of gun screws. And have ya tried a sight mountin’ screw to see if it’ll work?

If you have a Ace Hardware or TrueValue Hardware in your area, pull the lock and maybe one of the screws and go to the hardware store and try to find a screw that will fit. Also, if you have an old time hardware store in your area, they may have screw too. If you find a screw with the correct thread size, but is too long but none short enough, buy the long one and a nut to fit the screw. Put the nut on the screw above the extra length and cut off the extra length, touch up the cut off end with a file or sharpening stone and unscrew the nut and you should be good to go. I needed to replace a metric screw on an old Ardesa muzzleloader and that is what I did. In that case I only could find a correct thread with a allen wrench type head. I bought it and cut to length and then ground down the allen head and cut regular screw slot. A little time and very little investment. If the screw is the chimed or silver screw, use a little cold blue to change it to the normal black.

#3-48 seems to be the correct screw, 1/8” would be about the right length but I could only find 1/4” SS screws with a Phillips recess locally. I cut them to length, thinned the head down to about the same as the originals and cut a straight slot. Not bad. The driver is pointing to a new one.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
C41-B6-DA0-641-A-45-AA-85-D0-C51-E49-C547-DA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back