• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Renegade Sight Picture?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeonardC

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I have a rear sight with a shallow V and a "round" notch in the bottom. The front is a bead. I'm having a hard time keeping the sight picture the same shot to shot. Sometimes the picture looks beter with the bead in the bottom of the notch and sometimes it seems like the bead should be higher in the sight.

Do you have any tricks to alining your sights?

I'm about ready to install a peep on the back, but I'd rather figure out how to use what came on the rifle.

Thank you.

Think of the round rear notch as a circle. Center the bead in the center of the rear sight's "circle". Then you either set the circle of the target center on top of the bead or center bead in the ceter of the target circle. To me, lining up the two circles is the more natural way to align such sights.

Agree with Grenadier.

Something I've done to a few of my rifles including my TCs is put a coat of white nail polish on the front bead.... Only the front bead, not the whole post. White reflects all colors of the visible spectrum and it really helps me to be able to see that front bead alot better. It won't glow like FO, but it's a lot better than filling in a black rear notch with a black front bead.

I actually really like this sight arrangement, and seem to naturally shoot it well. Or at least as well as my eyesight allows me to shoot iron sights these days. I picked up a sad Hawken a couple of weeks back at a gun show and it has these sights, my PA Hunter has them as well. I think they are a good arrangement on an iron sighted hunting gun. They may not be optimal for targets though I will admit.

Back