• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

T/C Patriot ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is a 5 digit SN, no "Patriot" on barrel.

I wonder at what SN Thompson initiated the "Patriot" barrel marking ?

If it's like their rifles, I doubt there is anything consistent. I've got a fair number of their rifles and markings are not consistent. This is an example of what I have using made-up SNs:

100-no model name on barrel
200-model name on barrel
400-no model name on barrel
450-model name on barrel

So it doesn't appear that model names appear at a certain SN and remain throughout the model's production.

A friend of mine collects Randall knives, and RMK has three blade stamps. He once asked on of the Randalls if there was any significance to the differing stamps. The reply was that they have three, and the bladesmith grabs one off the bench and stamps the blade. It's completely random.

From a production standpoint that makes sense. A company doesn't really care if the rollmark differs from one to the next. So my guess is that TC rollmarked barrels in batches, and whichever rollmark was used was the sole determining factor in whether the model name is on a barrel or not.

Musta looked kinda like this one.
4 didget S/N.
Very early Patriot.
1-25-11007.jpg

Jon D

Latest posts

Back