• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Patriot suprise

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
This is dummy writing. I say that because after I sent my stock back to a hydrodipper, he called me and said the stock was WOOD! Slap my face and call me dummy. I learned that T/C at one tine used a fine grain walnut instead of their standard walnut for their stocks. (I believe that they did this because they might have thought that the finer grain would be stronger in the grip area) It was disliked by the public and T/C went back to the standard walnut for their stocks. When I took the finish off my stock, I saw that the then wet rear of the grip (end grain) was black. That coupled with the light weight fooled me. I wrote the dealer who I bought the pistol from and apologized profusely which I am also doing now to those who read my post and thought that I knew what I was talking about. The stock was expertly refinished and returned to me.
zz 11 patriot.jpg

Last edited:
We all make mistakes - All's well, that ends well......

IME, most Patriot stocks get broken when folks try to load tight balls in them, with one of those wooden stands that holds the pistol with the barrel pointing up.

images

This is dummy writing. I say that because after I sent my stock back to a hydrodipper, he called me and said the stock was WOOD! Slap my face and call me dummy. I learned that T/C at one tine used a fine grain walnut instead of their standard walnut for their stocks. (I believe that they did this because they might have thought that the finer grain would be stronger in the grip area) It was disliked by the public and T/C went back to the standard walnut for their stocks. When I took the finish off my stock, I saw that the then wet rear of the grip (end grain) was black. That coupled with the light weight fooled me. I wrote the dealer who I bought the pistol from and apologized profusely which I am also doing now to those who read my post and thought that I knew what I was talking about. The stock was expertly refinished and returned to me.View attachment 46911
I'm chuckling - cause I've done worse...
I read the manual from the link and what caught my attention was the FRONT trigger is the set trigger.
Makes me wonder, how many weapons use that setup?

I do know that the one time I shot a T/C Patriot, I was glad I paid attention to muzzle control when I set the trigger. Didn't think to ask which was the set trigger.
For those who don't know, The T/C Patriot pistol's set triggers are the reverse of the set triggers found on most muzzleloaders.
On the Patriot, the Front trigger is the one that cocks the spring and the Rear trigger is the one that fires the gun. :oops:

That's what I want to do this week end, drill and reinforce the grip with an oak dowel glass bedded up through the pistol grip to the rear tang screw. I use a loading stand and need to get this done before I break it!

Back