• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C New Englander Scope Rail

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
First I want to say that if this subject I’m inquiring about goes against any forum rules, I apologize and will withdraw the post….
I have a T/C New Englander with the Thompson factory peep sight. It’s a great set up but I was considering for hunting season to place a red dot optic on it. I did not want to drill and tap the barrel for a rail. Is there a mount out there that has the same hole spacing as the factory rear sight? It just has to be long enough to accommodate the rds…Any information would be greatly appreciated… Thanks

I did speak to a gal at Thompson Center this morning. She said she looked in the database and was unable to locate anything… She said my best bet was to look on eBay…

They made one for the New Englander. I’ve given away several over the years. Like the ones for Renegades & Hawkens they used the hole over the breechplug and the rear sight holes to mount them. Unfortunately they haven’t been made in years and as othhers have said, ebay and similar places are about your only option. You might also put a want to buy as many places as you can.

You could take a scope base and JB it it onto the barrel. After hunting season just remove it and clean the barrel. Leave the sights in place.

I HAD the mount for a Grey Hawk. It was a mount that used the rear sight and breech screws to attach to the barrel, and a Weaver type base on top of that.

The tang sights bring good $$.

Well I think I’ve got something that will work…. Picked up a Weaver # 410 rail; the space between the two sets of screws line up perfectly over the rear sight holes. Snugged the mount screws, marked the rail to accommodate the rds and cut it… A little touch up semi-gloss black and good to go… I’ll secure it w/ loctite and 20inch lbs of torque… The cheek weld is a little higher than the peep sight but it should be fine for the woods…

Attachments

• E45C4296-8A8B-44EE-A2EF-F3827B553A33.jpeg
    E45C4296-8A8B-44EE-A2EF-F3827B553A33.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 1C519773-0D68-4B49-9785-4C0C3495C2D2.jpeg
    1C519773-0D68-4B49-9785-4C0C3495C2D2.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 75
Do not use red Loctite, use blue, or none. IF the base does not fit the barrel contour, put a snake of epoxy putty between them. When you snug the screws you will have a perfect fit after it dries. You can heat the barrel to loosen the epoxy later. Or, wax the barrel. You can tap it and it will come off. It will be like having a perfectly machined base.

Back