• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

T C Hawkins 12ga. barrel?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Perhaps one of you can help me out. I have a 28" 12 gauge barrel, half octagon, half round. Maker is "Toledo Armas". Brand new,looks like it's never been fired. When I still had my TC the tang would fit but it was to tight to mount in the TC. tang needs to be filed a bit. Since I no longer have a TC Hawins what is this breach plugged barrel worth? Thank you.

a new T/C New Englander 12 ga. barrel sells for 178.00 right now. a used barrel 75.00-125.00 range... Hope this helps.

A TC Hawken had a 15/16 barrel. A 72 caliber 12 ga would leave far too little barrel wall thickness, unless you have a prepaid funeral plan.

Many years ago, mid 1970's some incredibly cheap smooth bore guns with half oct/half round barrels were sold here in the US. Some were advertised as 68 cal and others as 70 cal. very poor quality and as I recall three men were killed and the guns were recalled. (Two brothers were killed in one incident out side Chester PA.) The sporting goods store I worked at had sold them, and took back all but a few. We were paid by the manufacturer to try to track down each gun and even to go pick them up from the owner and give them extra money to get them back. Of course some were sold for cash and couldn't be tracked down.

Every time I hear a person describe a barrel like that, I get the willys. Your barrel may not be from one of those guns or kits, but it could be. Have it checked carefully. These barrels were in the white and the oct part was not tapered at all and went abruptly to round.

Latest posts

Back