• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED T/C Hawkin stock 45/50 cal flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder14

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I“m looking to replace my stock on my T/C Hawkin 50cal Flintlock I’m beginning to get stress fractures by the lock,so I would like a stock for every day use. Ya I know look on Thief Bay I will not pay those ridiculous prices I was hoping someone here might know of one at a reasonable price.
Thank you

Superglue will work wonders when wicked into cracks until they won't hold any more. I use it on cracks on wood bows, even with a limb flexing I have never had a crack open back up.

On a lock mortise that split out really badly when a drill bit wandered and the pin tried to go out a toothpick plugged hole I super glued the crack, gave it a tight string wrap and proceeded to finish the rifle after the glue dried.

The crack was 1" long with large splinters of wood knocked out, I fit the pieces back together like a jigsaw puzzle. The first picture shows the repaired crack and bad exit hole plugged.

The last picture is the finished guns lock molding and now almost invisible crack.
lock mortise shaping 006.JPG

barrel pins 008.JPG
squirrel rifle done 008.JPG

Hey Eric, I pm,d Thunder I had this that I put back together like a shattered leg...brass screws and wood glue.
Solid but not pretty. One could certainly hang hardware on it and make it a knock around for the woods.
I took a tumble last year and it didnt take much to break it. Rather not see it go to firewood if someone can use it. If someone could use it they can have it for postage.
SM

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_090836.jpg
    IMG_20200530_090836.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20200530_090923.jpg
    IMG_20200530_090923.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20200530_090949.jpg
    IMG_20200530_090949.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Superglue will work wonders when wicked into cracks until they won't hold any more. I use it on cracks on wood bows, even with a limb flexing I have never had a crack open back up.

On a lock mortise that split out really badly when a drill bit wandered and the pin tried to go out a toothpick plugged hole I super glued the crack, gave it a tight string wrap and proceeded to finish the rifle after the glue dried.

The crack was 1" long with large splinters of wood knocked out, I fit the pieces back together like a jigsaw puzzle. The first picture shows the repaired crack and bad exit hole plugged.

The last picture is the finished guns lock molding and now almost invisible crack.
View attachment 32768

View attachment 32767View attachment 32769
Hi Eric,thanks for the suggestion I did exactly that I put super glue in the hair line fracture and clamped it. I'm always impressed with your craftsmanship you're work is beautiful.

Latest posts

Back