• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD T/C Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Purchased Sept. 2019 to use this fall but never got out. Selling to get funds for flintlock. Some info is from previous owner. T/C Hawken stock and lock with 54 in. Green Mountain barrel with Williams adjustable rear open sight and ivory front sight. I think this is like barrel on TOW website. Barrel is 32 in. and 15/16" across the flats. Stock in great shape, bluing excellent and bore shiny. First owner said unfired, 2nd put around 40 shots and I fired into backstop to make sure it went bang. LOP is 13 3/4 in. to set trigger. USPS money order for $500 shipped. Would not allow me to upload pictures, says "file to large". If any one has suggestions, please post as I have several pictures. I have checked Zonie's suggestions. I will keep trying.

Will only allow 1 picture. Will keep trying. IMG_20200108_144414494_HDR.jpg

In the conversation I had with previous owner, he said 1:70. If this is the replacement barrel purchased from TOW, they advertise it as 1:66. I don't know if previous owner changed the barrel or the original owner changed it. Hope this helps.

If interested, some more information. Great shooter according to 2nd (previous) owner. He used .530 round ball,.018 pillow ticking and patch with 1:7 Ballistol/water dry patch. Three shot groups off bench at 50 yds. with 90 grains Goex FFg basically 1 hole and with 80 grains, 1.32" group. As I said in original post I shot it to make sure it went bang but did not use it during our ML season.

Not a big deal but included is short starter and loading block. Purchased from TOW and never used. Won't need them if the gun sells.

I'm surprised this hasn't sold. The drop in GM 1-70 barrel is a real shooter. I've had them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back