• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

T/C Hawken Restoration.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many of the early T/C rifles sported some beautiful walnut. They had their own walnut orchard I believe in Kansas. The trees were grown for one thing...gunstocks. I own a couple that are stunning.

My dad had an old Thompson Center Hawken with a stock that look like Pine I brought it to the company 4 repair when they were still in business they put a 54 caliber Barrel on it and a beautiful Walnut stock no charge

I have the identical gun that I picked up I trade last year. Screws are the same, as is the stock color. I called TCsnd they told me mine was a early, 1st year kit gun from the serial no! Couldn’t say 1st year for sure because they lost there records in a fire...working on restoring it as a back up hunting rifle!

I made my target rifle 40 plus years ago and used two phillips head screw,s because that was what I had at the time. Four years ago I finally replaced them with brass slotted screws with the slots aligned with the barrel. The gun doesn't shoot any better with the new screws!

Latest posts

Back