• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

T/C Hawken in .45

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking to add a brand new unfired T/C Hawken .45 to my collection. Has anybody shot one with rb? I know the 1-48 twist is supposed to be compatible with both rb and maxi-balls, but will it shoot the Lee REAL bullet? It will ne a combination target and hunting rifle.
Yup....Joined the forum about 4 days ago and saw that very 45 Cal for sale. Tried to buy it but the seller already had a commitment from a buyer. Anyway, trying to find a good used one for about $300-325. Is this unrealistic? I'll keep looking.

Cobra 6
Keep a look out on Gunbroker. I have seen quite a few. Over time. Here is one on there now.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/857524685

I guess I may be wrong, but the three he has done for me showed no evidence of having been removed.
My High Plains Sporter barrel does show evidence of the plug removal, or replacement, whichever... I didn’t expect it to come back unmarked in any way. It shoots very well and that’s what I was after. I’m thinking about a new stock, along the lines of the Rigby or Gibbs rifles and at that time the barrel and furniture will be refinished.

TKS...... for the constructive replies. Can a 15/16 50 Cal barrel be re-bored to a 54 Cal? Does it need be a 1inch across the flats?

Bobby Hoyt recently did one for me, a Pennsylvania Hunter with 15/16 to round barrel, from .50 to .54. So yes, it can be done. I pulled the breech plug to inspect the powder chamber, it was shiny bright, and there was fresh anti-sieze on the threads so he had removed it at some time during the reboring process. Then he made a new .62 smooth bore barrel to match for me, without the patent breech. It was in the white so I had to blue it, but the price was definitely right!

I have a 45Cal sennaca made by T/C which shoots anything I put down the Barrel. Thats the model I recommend to anyone.

Removing, and reinstalling, the plug without damaging the blue is expected if you use the correct tools.

Back