• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

t/c hawken barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwtradegun

50 Cal.
Reaction score
need info. is a hawken 54 cal. barrel the same as a renegade. I have a chance to get one. it is however a long distance from home.. unless I know it will fit no reason to go.

except for bein' two inches longer the 54 hawken & renegade barrels are the same.

Yup, bubba.50 knows T/C well.
The 54 Hawken is a 1" and will fit the Renegade, T/C never made 54cal in 15/16.
Keep in mind there can always be some minor fitting that needs to be done at the hook/breech area because these guns are now beginning to be old,,
But again, the 54 is a 1" barrel.

the only other issue is, due to T/C's quality control(or lack thereof) occasionally the under-rib will hit the end of the fore-end an 1/8th inch or so there could be a small gap 'twixt rib & fore-end. but this can happen if both barrels are Renegade or Hawken.

bubba.50 said:
the only other issue is, due to T/C's quality control(or lack thereof) occasionally the under-rib will hit the end of the fore-end an 1/8th inch or so there could be a small gap 'twixt rib & fore-end. but this can happen if both barrels are Renegade or Hawken.
Note TC never said barrels were interchangeable so why rag on them??

rj morrison said:
need info. is a hawken 54 cal. barrel the same as a renegade. I have a chance to get one. it is however a long distance from home.. unless I know it will fit no reason to go.
I just thought of something,(ouch)
Like I said the true and real 54 T/C Hawken barrel is a 1",,
But does the seller know that it is a T/C?
GM and others do/did offer a 54 in 15/16.
If it's stamped T/C,, then it's one inch,, if he just say's it comes off of or is in a T/C Hawken,, it could be an after-market (?) :hmm:

nhmoose said:
bubba.50 said:
Note TC never said barrels were interchangeable so why rag on them??

who's raggin' on anybody? I'm one of T/C's biggest fans but, their QC & tolerances left a lot to be desired.

The GM fast twist 15/16" drop-in flint barrel of mine is made for the Hawken and the rib is a couple of inches clear of the end of the stock when mounted in the TC Pa Hunter stock. Might look a little funny but it's not an issue to me. I tend to overlook it when it drills the center out of the bull with a 300 grain .45 handgun bullet. LOL.

For production rifles TC's are pretty good but since getting my first Lyman I seem to prefer them to TC.

I have three, one was a .54 that's been rebored to 20 gauge by Bobby Hoyt, one is a .50 which came with the rifle (which i bought used when i still had all my hair) and one is a .54 in percussion... they're all 1" across the flats... they all fit my Renegade stock, and the .50 shoots straighter than i can (haven't really dialed in the smoothie and the cap)

good luck with your project!

Back