• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD T/C Grey Hawk Percussion 54 cal rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
7FEBC993-D067-4339-91E6-39FFAB290E6B.jpeg 35D6F228-0BFA-4A35-BE61-7BC7DB0486E9.jpeg F566788E-C192-4512-82B7-AD66CF05B6F8.jpeg This rifle has a stainless barrel with a Rynite stock. The barrel is 24” long with a 1 in 48 twist. The open sights are fully adjustable. It weighs approx. 7 lbs. The overall length is 41”. I have shot approx. 150- 200 round balls thru it. It in real good shape except for a little marring on one side of the barrel. Selling for $350 plus $35 for shipping.

The lock is the only part that will interchange with the Hawken. The trigger and guard are a one piece unit that is not large enough to cover cut out in the Hawken stock.

Thanks for the info, did not know about the trigger and guard being one piece. And I have a grey hawk, but never shot it or had a reason to disassemble it. But you have to admit, it looks like a foul weather version of the New Englander.

It is a stainless steel version of the New Englander and all parts are interchangeable.

I doubt if Pecatonica River has anything that would work unless you got a stock without the barrel channel being cut.
Their Hawken stock has a barrel channel cut for a octagon barrel.

Of course, they'll gladly send you a stock without the barrel channel pre cut if you call them and order it special.

Besides the trigger, the tang is also completely different.

You could send that synthetic stock out to a duplicator , and make a
Grade AAA walnut . Polish up that stainless ....
You'd have one gun for show on nice days and another for an allweather gun .

I understand the folk in the pacific NW like them because of all the rain. I had one, nice light gun, shot OK but looked out of place alongside my flintlocks. They are hard to sell, were last made in the 90s, they are a little too high tech for traditional guys and a little too low tech for the guys who shoot the other stuff.

Reactions: smo
Richard Dittman, does this Grey Hawk have the TC QLA, an unrifled portion of barrel below the muzzle?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back