• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a T/C Flintlock with a stainless barrel. I think it's a Hawken, but the barrel doesn't have the model on it. The barrel is 15/16" wide and is marked Thompson Center with an address. I did a quick internet search, but didn't see another one quite like it. Did T/C make a Hawken with a stainless steel barrel, or is this another model?

Attachments

• IMG_2160.JPG
    IMG_2160.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Thanks, more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2171.JPG
    IMG_2171.JPG
    368.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2167.JPG
    IMG_2167.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2218.JPG
    IMG_2218.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
well, i can't tell definitively but with the staining and crusty stuff at the muzzle i still lean to a barrel that was draw filed and left in the white.
here are some pictures of my stainless.

Attachments

• 20230128_135135.jpg
    20230128_135135.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230128_135120.jpg
    20230128_135120.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230128_135141.jpg
    20230128_135141.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Wouldn't it have been rather difficult to strip the sights?
It is magnetic, but yes some stainless is.

Attachments

• IMG_2211.JPG
    IMG_2211.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Definitely an older T/C Hawken. Not stainless steel. The Silver Elite would have had other stainless fittings as well. I gather that they only made about 500 of those in 1987, I've never seen one before. The Greyhawk was made in greater numbers, but has a round barrel and would not fit a Hawken stock.

I suppose you could leave it in the white, but you'd probably be better off to cold blue, plum brown or rust blue... unless you want to pay to have someone do it professionally. If you leave it as is, it is sure to rust some day when you forget to wipe it down after handling it.

They're great shooters.

I have a T/C Flintlock with a stainless barrel. I think it's a Hawken, but the barrel doesn't have the model on it. The barrel is 15/16" wide and is marked Thompson Center with an address. I did a quick internet search, but didn't see another one quite like it. Did T/C make a Hawken with a stainless steel barrel, or is this another model?
Looking at the logo it looks like the barrel was buffed.

I have used vinegar to strip the bluing from my Renegade. The slightly grey finish does not reflect sunlight and I cherish it with the L&R flint lock which made the conversion from caps a fairly easy endeavor. A fun conversion for sure.

If your barrel is just polished then I agree it will rust someday. The vinegar finish on mine has never given me trouble. I live on the west side of Oregon and there are not many days around here that humidity isnt in the air.

Back