• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

T/C FireStorm Flintlock Stainless .50cal 26"barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They also had a percussion firestorm. Uses 209 primers. While the primer holder works I have a problem with the lock moving and changing the geometry of the hammer. Just a wall hanger for now.

They also had a percussion firestorm. Uses 209 primers. While the primer holder works I have a problem with the lock moving and changing the geometry of the hammer. Just a wall hanger for now.
Question... Do you think your trigger was a bit heavy right out of the box?

"21st century period correct"
I LOVE it...
If you can find a walnut New Englander stock, I THINK it might work for your Firestorm. Swap out the appropriate metal. The sticking point may be the tang. Look up pics to get a better idea.
As far as the trigger goes, my one Pennsylvania Hunter had a poor trigger. Very heavy...
I have some molybdenum disufide grease, and a dab on the tumbler notches, and the sear arm that bears on the trigger, worked miracles.
Enjoy your Firestorm!

When I bought it I was brand new to muzzle loading and none of my other hunting buddies participated in the Flintlock seasons so I had to learn it on my own. The guy behind the counter suggested it as "easy."
I know exactly how "easy" it is to learn on your own. Been there, done that. Still learning.

"21st century period correct"
I LOVE it...
If you can find a walnut New Englander stock, I THINK it might work for your Firestorm. Swap out the appropriate metal. The sticking point may be the tang. Look up pics to get a better idea.
As far as the trigger goes, my one Pennsylvania Hunter had a poor trigger. Very heavy...
I have some molybdenum disufide grease, and a dab on the tumbler notches, and the sear arm that bears on the trigger, worked miracles.
Enjoy your Firestorm!
Thanks, I'll try that on the trigger mech.

Question... Do you think your trigger was a bit heavy right out of the box?
Purchased both used. The percussion is a lot light than the flint. I am a bit biased, i use set triggers on other rifles.

Attachments

• 6CEA2D0D-7487-4DC9-AA8A-21DA51E69161.jpeg
    6CEA2D0D-7487-4DC9-AA8A-21DA51E69161.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • BD8B5077-18B3-42C5-9347-9703B11D4CBD.jpeg
    BD8B5077-18B3-42C5-9347-9703B11D4CBD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Your pictures reminded me of my percussion Greyhawk. Handy, accurate, and you can't hurt it.

The old-timers were practical men. I like to think that if stainless steel and rynite stocks had existed back in the day, the old-timers would've used them.

Your pictures reminded me of my percussion Greyhawk. Handy, accurate, and you can't hurt it.

The old-timers were practical men. I like to think that if stainless steel and rynite stocks had existed back in the day, the old-timers would've used them.

Yes, after your post I did some research on the Greyhawk, looks a lot like mine. Did it have a removeable plug at the rear end of the barrel?

Back