• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Cherokee?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffg

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me out on identifying a T/C (Cherokee)that I picked up at a gun show. It is identical to a friends .45 cal Cherokee in every way, but it does not say Cherokee after the .45 cal marking, it is an older T/C with a very low ser.# It has us stumped

older t/c guns didnt have the names on the barrel. i have 4 different types and all they have printed is t/c arms and cal. most are the 4 digit ser.#

If it doesn't say Cherokee it must be a fake! Ship it to me and I will properly dispose of it for you! :rotf: :rotf:

galamb said:
Since "Cherokee" might be seen by some to be a "derogatory" term, you simply have a "politically correct" version. :grin:
Guess I'll have to remove "Cherokee" from the "Grand Cherokee Limited" lettering on my Jeep. What was Chrysler thinking?? :rotf:

They were probably just keeping costs down.

Can you imagine the price of the name plate if it read:

Grand Native American people indigenous to the Southeastern United States Limited :hmm:

ffg said:
Maybe someone can help me out on identifying a T/C (Cherokee)that I picked up at a gun show. It is identical to a friends .45 cal Cherokee in every way, but it does not say Cherokee after the .45 cal marking, it is an older T/C with a very low ser.# It has us stumped

The earlier replies are correct.

My .45 Cherokee's barrel (lower rifle, below) is so marked; but my .45 Seneca's (upper rifle, below) is not.

The proof in the pudding is that only the Seneca & Cherokee rifles (and the Patriot pistol) have barrels that measure 13/16" across-the-flats - all other T/C bbls are fatter (15/16" or 1").

DSCN1904.jpg

Back