• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

T/C Cherokee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryinhard

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone have a pet load for a 32 cal Cherokee & what is the twist on them? I've bought one just waiting for it to be delivered.

Anyone have a pet load for a 32 cal Cherokee & what is the twist on them? I've bought one just waiting for it to be delivered.
Believe they have a 1-30” twist. Usually find my squirrel load in the 32s at around 15 grains of fff, or maybe a bit less. Depends on the gun. Start at 10 grains and work your way up until you have accuracy you want. Believe max is 50 grains of fff, or at least that’s what is was for the longer barrelled TC Seneca. I buy #1-1/2 buckshot from Bullistic Products. You get about 1200 for something like $40. The are a little harder that pure lead, but found them to shot great.

I agree with the 15 grains of 3F and the twist is indeed 1 in 30. I use .315 balls I cast in a T/C mold. I use patches that are pretty thin, but I don’t know what they measure.
Congrats on the new rifle.

I am currently shooting 15 grains of 3f Goex with a .310 hornady ball patched with .018 pillow ticking and Hoppes BP lube. I was shooting 15 grains 3f Swiss with ok results moved the Swiss load down to 12 grains and its patterning nearly identical to the Goex now. Both of these loads greatly improved the accuracy I was getting out of this little gun. Enjoy your purchase and buy plenty of balls and patches. I sometimes fire mine 50 times in a range session between 25 and 50 yards. A pound of powder will last a long time.

Latest posts

Back