• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

T/C Cherokee scope mount

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boker

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone ever used one of the factory scope mounts on a Cherokee?

I am looking for one to buy, like to read some thoughts on them. Pics would be great also.
God Bless and Thank you in advance.

If you need a scope on a traditional style muzzleloader, you probably need to take up a different hobby.
just my .02 worth.....
That's a nice answer if you want to drive off members on the forum. :(

Yes, this is a traditional forum and I don't like to see them mounted on a traditional gun but telescopic sights were used during the time period our forum discussions are limited to.

Instead of drilling & tapping for a scope base, install it with JB Weld and install rings. If you don't like it a little heat takes it off and no holes to fill.

Wow,

I am contemplating a low power fix scope because my eyesight isn’t that great anymore.

I have never seen one of these mounts in person and wasn’t really sure how they work.

Just as a side note my Cherokee rifle was made well after scopes were on the market, in that respect it’s kinda silly to say you can’t put a scope on a “ modern” muzzleloader but I guess every one has an opinion

I wouldn’t be a fan of scoping a period correct rifle but I’d support a muzzleloader shooter regardless but that’s just me.

TC made scopes and mounts that replace the rear sights. They are worthless except to collect dust on a shelf.

Look at Mount 9953 yes I love traditional muzzleloaders and yes I do have 2 of mine scoped a TC black mountain mag and a white mountain carbine. I buy my mounts off ebay they have them for tc octagon barrels and round barrels. They use the rear sight screw holes and the little screw on the breach. The one for the Hawken should work

Wow,

I am contemplating a low power fix scope because my eyesight isn’t that great anymore.

I have never seen one of these mounts in person and wasn’t really sure how they work.

Just as a side note my Cherokee rifle was made well after scopes were on the market, in that respect it’s kinda silly to say you can’t put a scope on a “ modern” muzzleloader but I guess every one has an opinion

I wouldn’t be a fan of scoping a period correct rifle but I’d support a muzzleloader shooter regardless but that’s just me.
I support you on it especially if that made the difference between shooting or not. I don't post about the 2 I have scoped as I respect the views of the forum like you I have deteriating eye sight I do add peeps to the majority of my rifles and with my eye sight I shoot 50 yards or less the 2 I do have has allowed me to shoot at 100 yards again. While I don't hunt with them as the ranges that I hunt are 30 yards or less. And yes I do take alot of game mainly 50 or more hogs a year

A shooting acquaintance of mine has the only Tryon I've ever seen here in UK with a long Malcolm-style scope fitted. He only shoots at 100m, and at paper, too, but he does quite well in spite of the teeny FOV and hit or miss eye relief.

Back