• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Synthetic powders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, for the info, I am still ok on Goex, 1pound plus a horn full of 3f, and 2+ pound of 2f.

I should have indicated strictly percussion and a revolver.

Will look for some T7, just for backup.

I bought some Black MZ from Sportsmans Warehouse a few years back. It was
an excellent deal but now used up. I think that it would sell if re-introduced.
The residue is less but more baked on stuff. There always seems to be a trade off.
The cleanest powder to me is Swiss 3f caviar ball. That is Gold. You have top power
and easy clean up-- and it is true to tradition. Plus real black can be stored for future.
Big trade-off there is price. I have not chrono ed the Swiss but I think it out performs
many of these synthetic substitutes.

No shortage here for Fg LOL! Gun show today today,,bought last lb of FFg for $18 had plenty of Fg left. Thought about buying it but already have about 15 lbs of assorted stuff.

Black Powder will be plentiful. It is not the risk of reduced supply or of excessive demand.
The risk is regulatory. In places, it is restricted by law to small amounts or prohibited.
This could be extended or made nationwide. Will this happen? Who knows? But many
do not want to be caught off guard if it does. A rumor can affect the markets a year ahead.
I think it is reasonable to have a year's use of Black powder put aside. Those who put aside
more , are not considering the risks of the future legality of excessive quantities in private
hands. Wisdom is moderation in all things.

Back