• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

sxs 12ga pietta navyarms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those estimates look a bit low to me.

I really don't know the answer but looking at Dixie Gunworks prices they're asking on their site are much higher.

Yes I know, Dixie is always high priced and I think the guns are new but:

Dixie Double Barrel Shotgun, 12 guage (Pedersoli) = $895

Pedersoli Coach Gun, 12 guage double = $950

Dixie Double Barrel Shotgun 20 guage (Pedersoli) = $1125

I'm guessing based on what ML doubles sell for around here.

In fact, I've often seen ORIGINAL ML DBs from the UK/Ireland in the larger gun-shows in Dallas/Houston for 3-400.oo.

Fwiw, I'd prefer any quality-made original "English-made" or "Dublin-made" double than ANY repro but that's just me.
(Fwiw, I'm currently looking for an over 20-bore double to have modified into a CAPE-GUN.)

just my OPINION, satx

Mine was not mint when I bought it a few years back, but in very good condition. A deciding factor for me in buying this specific Pieta was the package. It came with a great array of spare parts, right down to replacements for both locks. The original owner picked up all the spares when the line was discontinued and he figured parts would become hard to find, though the gun hasn't needed them so far. Also came with enough wads for years of shooting.

Price tag was $350. I'd have a hard time paying over $400 for even NIB considering the lack of parts. But in my experience (this is the second I've owned), spare parts are pretty theoretical, the guns are so well made. It would just be a shame if such a great gun was put out of action completely sometime in the future due to lack of parts, if anything ever went wrong.

I've watched local and area gun lists and these rarely come up listed for sale for less than $400-$500. Much less than that, I would own one if I could pick it up locally.

I'd say the $400-500 might be about right,I bought one off Gunbroker about 5 yrs ago for $325 shipped. She was hardly mint but shoots very well, once I sorted it all out.One thing, at least on mine, one barrel is cylinder bore and the other is near modified by measurement .I considered this a plus for my use.Good luck and if you get it enjoy :thumbsup:

Thank you all for your response.Sorry for my tardy reply.Well its on hold at the gun shop,asking price 395.00 and i made a lowball offer off 350.00 It is part of an estate sale and the consinge has not respondeed in 3 days.May need to just pay it even though the gun had been on the rack over 2 months but was recently marked down.The gun is pristeen BUT the locks are very tight and rough when cocking,but they do function.I dont see any lockbolts just pins.Sorry for my spelling etc.I am a one finger typeist

Probably right. But I'd still ask to pull the locks before I slapped cash. A reasonable shop should allow that. If they won't I'd be suspicious, though.

Thanks,but how do you remove the locks? I see no lock bolts or screws just a series of pins or am i wrong about this?

The lock bolt on my Pietta is underneath the hammer on the left hand lock. Just full-cock the left hammer and you'll see it.

An update is due.I did purchis the gun for 395.00 I cant overstate how pristeen mint it is,wood shavings still under barrels and locks when i pulled them.Locks loosend up with some back and forth.There is some metal to metal contact at the tip of both main springs on the lock plate where they engage the striup to tumbler after some oil and with thumb pressure able to push the spure [terminoligy]of the main spring back into the side plate i thought maby i was lucky not so still a bit of contact.I am thrilled with this gun,i have numeros others.None of my guns have a nick name,but this one will be called Daisy after my first.A response as a one finger typest is difficult at best. My daughter is trying to find a compatibe voice system. Thanks all !!

That's a good price for that SXS. You will be happy with it. If the locks are still contacting the lock plate after you do your "magic" you might need to remove the internals (except for the hammer & tumbler at the moment) check for contact areas and do some polishing. Apply oil and put her back together and see how it feels -- good luck with it :thumbsup: .

Back