• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CLOSED Sword Hanger, found.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am in need of a hanger for a 1767 french short sword. Could use a source or a pattern for one I could make myself.
Thanks

I looked there at about 4 or 5 pages but they are mostly for swords larger than the 1767.

Attachments

• 1767-2.jpg
    1767-2.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 49
If you find someone that has a style you like, ask them if they can custom make you one. I've done that with holsters for my double barrel french flintlocks as well as getting customization of a baldric. And both their pricing was crazy reasonable.

I could make one myself but I've been unable to even find a decent photo or painting that shows one complete.
If I can't find some sort of documentation I'll just male one that works they really aren't that complicated.

I don’t know if this would work, but here is something I googled.
The one you have shown is for a Rapier which has a blade length of 40 inches plus. The 1767 french sword is an Epee and only has a 32-inch blade so my though is that one would be larger than needed.

G. Gedny Godwin had one for my french short sword, and had the hanger custom made for me due to my being left handed. Nice folks.

ADK Bigfoot
Do you have any contact info? even though I'm not left-handed he might be able to make me one. This sword will be worn mostly as a gentleman's dress sidearm.

Last edited:
I concur. I used Godwin for many years, always a pleasant experience. When he was still with us, I would make an effort to pick up an order so I could chew the fat with Gedney. We could talk for a long time, and his daughter would get mildly irritated that I was keeping him from his work. May he RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back