• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sweet little brass barreled cased pistol set!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZFEED

40 Cal
Reaction score
80912544-C80A-40CE-B448-260C4B07F64B.jpeg
CDB55FE6-72B0-45EE-A577-5CA4C3B8319A.jpeg
These are tiny but a hoot to shoot! Sadly I have no idea who made them. I’m getting rid of them so they will be for sale but I’d like to know who made them :)
CDB55FE6-72B0-45EE-A577-5CA4C3B8319A.jpeg

I'm sure everyone is curious. you have all these weapons that you don't seem to know where they came from. Did you inherit a collection or something? You may be in need of a good appraiser to help you out.

Hi,
Obviously, they are modern made. I have no idea who it was but he made a brave attempt and almost got it right. The locks appear to have some small Siler lock parts repurposed for the pistols. He appears to have tried to make an early style case with wood covered with leather and wall paper lining. Usually, those cases were completely lined with paper rather than woolen baize fabric (not felt). The tools are largely for a later time period. It looks like an original powder flask. Like I said, he made a brave attempt.

dave

No, everything I'm selling so far are things I picked up on a whim and never really bothering to check them out because they tickled my fancy. Like ive said in other threads...I go by feel mostly.
I have oodles of other pieces from other reknown makers that I intentionally bought that are not for sale. Some original, some from contemporary makers. In this area of collecting I'm focused more on Michael McHugh pieces and pieces from my own work. I'm just thinning out the odds and ends to justify something on a wheeled carriage with multiple barrels that you crank by hand (we cant speak of those new fangled pieces here :) ) so instead of buying I'm just moving things around;)

Hi,
Obviously, they are modern made. I have no idea who it was but he made a brave attempt and almost got it right. The locks appear to have some small Siler lock parts repurposed for the pistols. He appears to have tried to make an early style case with wood covered with leather and wall paper lining. Usually, those cases were completely lined with paper rather than woolen baize fabric (not felt). The tools are largely for a later time period. It looks like an original powder flask. Like I said, he made a brave attempt.

dave

They are neat and feel nice and everything is how it came, super nice work just no place for them anymore.

Back