• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Swedish M 1851 Kammerlader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fr the folks like me who had no idea what this is. After watching that video... WOW.. such a cool firearm. IV8888 has a few videos on YouTube that show off this fine piece of machinery in true IV8888 fashion... Thanks for the history rabbit hole!

Just learned about these things. I would like one in working condition if someone has one they can shake free, for an editorial project.

I will visit the The Lonestar Antique Arms Convention - Waco Gun Show tomorrow (no modern firearms allowed), so I may potentially see one there...

NO MODERN WEAPONRY ALLOWED
Offering a unique variety of fine collectible antique, curio & relic Firearms:
Colt, Winchester, Marlin, Henry, Sharps, Remington, Smith & Wesson... To name a few!
Also offering many other amazing collectibles:
Antique spurs, holsters, badges, western memorabilia, & MUCH more!

Yes one of my tubers just put up a preview video of him shooting at and it looks pretty cool. It's like A-sharp's meat rolling block kind of design. Throws some serious gas out of the action though.

Throwdown, let me know if this is of interest, I have owned it for about 15 years and used it in a civil war display. I no longer do the display, so it has been in safe storage for several years. I have not shot or done any restoration work other than light clean-up of the lock. This was probably modified after the civil war and sold for civilian use. Stock has been shortened to half stock, sights were removed, and rifling remove to make it a smooth bore. Barrel is still full length and action opens smoothly and trigger and spring are strong. Wood shows vintage repairs. Dated 1862 with Crown. steg49

Attachments

• IMG_4401.JPG
    IMG_4401.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4402.JPG
    IMG_4402.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4403.JPG
    IMG_4403.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4404.JPG
    IMG_4404.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4405.JPG
    IMG_4405.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4406.JPG
    IMG_4406.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4407.JPG
    IMG_4407.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4408.JPG
    IMG_4408.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 24
I have taken a few more pictures of the release, it opens smoothly. I start photos with the breech closed and then move through the opening till the powder chamber is fully upright. Cal. is .52 and I think this is a Dutch made rifle. As to firing this that is up to you and your gunsmith. It would make a nice restoration project just needing new wood, barrel bands and sights. I can take as many photos as you would like. Good luck on you on your search. George steg49

Attachments

• IMG_4409.JPG
    IMG_4409.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4413.JPG
    IMG_4413.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4410.JPG
    IMG_4410.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4414.JPG
    IMG_4414.JPG