• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Swabbing between shots

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot minies and you don't need to swab between shots.
The time was when I would say a bad thing about minie, maxi, real or such other projectiles in a round ball gun. But I’ve mellowed with age and realize to each their own.
Some folks eat ketchup on t bone, put macaroni in chili, mix fine whiskey with some sweet soda.
One can shoot a conical in a round ball gun. It’s ok. Just do it in private and wash your hands afterwards :)

The time was when I would say a bad thing about minie, maxi, real or such other projectiles in a round ball gun. But I’ve mellowed with age and realize to each their own.
Some folks eat ketchup on t bone, put macaroni in chili, mix fine whiskey with some sweet soda.
One can shoot a conical in a round ball gun. It’s ok. Just do it in private and wash your hands afterwards :)

Im sure glad some have mellowed with time. 10 odd years ago when i joined I thought a lynch mob was gonna form when i talked about minies in my Navy Arms Musketoon. Some who have passed on acted like minie balls would bounce off a whitetail, and a prb would shoot thru a railroad crosstie.

In fact I stayed away from here for a while. Most of the old curmudgeons didn't survive the transfer to new ownership. And I'm not gonna complain.

I only have to swab a roached .54 GPR barrel every 5 or 6 shots. The pitting near the breach seems to foul quickly. After swabbing, I fire a couple of caps to make sure I didn't jam crud up the flash channel.

I only have to swab a roached .54 GPR barrel every 5 or 6 shots. The pitting near the breach seems to foul quickly. After swabbing, I fire a couple of caps to make sure I didn't jam crud up the flash channel.

A squirt of M.A.P. or alcohol down the barrel then quickly ram the last patch home shooting the liquid out the flash hole or nipple and you're golden, saves on caps.

Back