Swabbing between shots

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

tenngun

Cannon
Reaction score
Shoot minies and you don't need to swab between shots.
The time was when I would say a bad thing about minie, maxi, real or such other projectiles in a round ball gun. But I’ve mellowed with age and realize to each their own.
Some folks eat ketchup on t bone, put macaroni in chili, mix fine whiskey with some sweet soda.
One can shoot a conical in a round ball gun. It’s ok. Just do it in private and wash your hands afterwards :)

Eterry

54 Cal.
Reaction score
The time was when I would say a bad thing about minie, maxi, real or such other projectiles in a round ball gun. But I’ve mellowed with age and realize to each their own.
Some folks eat ketchup on t bone, put macaroni in chili, mix fine whiskey with some sweet soda.
One can shoot a conical in a round ball gun. It’s ok. Just do it in private and wash your hands afterwards :)
Im sure glad some have mellowed with time. 10 odd years ago when i joined I thought a lynch mob was gonna form when i talked about minies in my Navy Arms Musketoon. Some who have passed on acted like minie balls would bounce off a whitetail, and a prb would shoot thru a railroad crosstie.

In fact I stayed away from here for a while. Most of the old curmudgeons didn't survive the transfer to new ownership. And I'm not gonna complain.

tenngun

Cannon
Reaction score
Well before any one starts getting breechclot in a wad I was just funning with you.
I like ball and don’t shoot any other but we all shoot what we like.
And conicals are unarguably better in every respect over ball

Bledfor Days

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I only have to swab a roached .54 GPR barrel every 5 or 6 shots. The pitting near the breach seems to foul quickly. After swabbing, I fire a couple of caps to make sure I didn't jam crud up the flash channel.

Carbon 6

75 Cal.
Reaction score
I only have to swab a roached .54 GPR barrel every 5 or 6 shots. The pitting near the breach seems to foul quickly. After swabbing, I fire a couple of caps to make sure I didn't jam crud up the flash channel.
A squirt of M.A.P. or alcohol down the barrel then quickly ram the last patch home shooting the liquid out the flash hole or nipple and you're golden, saves on caps.

glidingdoc

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Can I just check. Over here in the UK Murphys Soap Oil is sold as a wood cleaner. Are we talking about the same thing?