• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Surgery

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An esthetician is a person who specializes in the beautification of the skin. Estheticians are not medical doctors; instead, they perform cosmetic skin treatments such as facials, superficial chemical peels, body treatments, and waxing.

Dang if an old dog can't learn something new.

An esthetician is a person who specializes in the beautification of the skin. Estheticians are not medical doctors; instead, they perform cosmetic skin treatments such as facials, superficial chemical peels, body treatments, and waxing.

Dang if an old dog can't learn something new.

Griz be carefully, I went to one back in the 70's and damn near went to jail.

Sorry to hear about your problems Skychief.

Since watching television is difficult to do when your eyes are looking straight downward, here's a link to the original Gunsmoke radio show.

You don't need to look at anything to enjoy the shows and there are many dozens of them at this web site to choose from.
Just pick a show, click on any one of the three different players, shut your eyes and enjoy.
(The blue one seems to work best with my old Windows XP but at least one of them should work great with whatever system your using.)

IMO, Gunsmoke is one of the best old radio shows ever made. The stories are all good and the actors are better than just good.

Enjoy

http://www.dumb.com/oldtimeradio/radio/207/Westerns/Gunsmoke.html

A quick update. The surgeon had a look see today and says all looks as well as can be expected.

He went on to tell me that he had lasered 360° instead of laser repairing one simple tear.

He said that I'm seeing what I should out of the eye (literally next to nothing) and that it would improve gradually over the next 3-5 weeks as the gas bubble diminishes. Welcomed news.

Thank you all for the support. It's very appreciated.

Best regards, One-Eyed Willie.

That’s good news Sky, I think.

Hang in there.

Have you shot any Fg powder?

My experience although some what limited is ,
Fg Powder produces less recoil....

Just a thought...

Using 100 grn of of Fg in my 16 the recoil is about like shooting a .410 shotgun .

I still need to do more experimenting , but food for thought.

Thanks smo friend! Great food for thought. I have used some 1f loads in the past and yes they shove a bit less all else being equal. I will keep that under consideration when/if I get back to the fowling piece.

Thanks and take care, Skychief

I want to ask my hunting pards here for some good thoughts I underwent an emergency retina surgery yesterday. Dealing with having to keep my nose pointed to the ground due to the gas bubble placed in the eye. It was pretty bad they claimed. 75% detached and torn as well.

And it had to be my shooting eye to boot. The rabbits will be safe the rest of this month. Hope to be cleared to go after a turkey in April.

Thanks for any good thoughts/mono, etc.

Best regards Ole one eye, Skychief

PS, any hints about how to sleep with your face planted straight down would be most welcomed.
thoughts and prayers! get well soon:)

Skychief, I for one wish you a speedy and complete recovery and restored vision at 100%. This surgery is a possibility I may have to consider, but not right yet.

Back