Suggestions for persona and gear

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Arkansaw

32 Cal
Reaction score
I’m really interested in the move into Arkansas. I’ve been reading everything I can find on the migration and trying to cobble up a persona and gear list. This is totally new to me, so I’m finding myself overwhelmed.

I’m thinking the Arkansas Post area in the 1803 time frame. I find myself thinking it would be fairly easy to use the French, Spanish, British and the influx of Americans to cover a mix of gear that I could explain as getting what I could from who I could. My family migrated from South Carolina at the end of the Revolution to Alabama and then to Arkansas at the end of the Civil War. That migration is also tickling the back of my brain.

If you have any suggestions, I’m all ears. I speak zero French, but passable Spanish which is another reason I’m thinking of this time period and locale to begin with.

Arkansaw

Beau Robbins

40 Cal
Reaction score
Look into James Colbert. This might be a very interesting portrayal that could fit events out there and the surrounding area.

Rancocas

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm not fully cognizant of Arkansas history, but since this is the War of 1812 forum I suggest a veteran from the Battle of New Orleans who moved up the Arkansas River to farm, hunt, trap, and/or trade with the Indians.
Or, maybe a fugitive from justice fearing reprisals not only from the law but also maybe from family of someone you harmed back in Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, or wherever. ():~)

Latest posts