• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Successful Speed Goat Season!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice buck harvest and shot placement at 75 yards. What sort of load are you using as I have left hand flint with .60 cal Getz barrel and a .60 caliber Tulle smoothbore? If you care to use the hide don't drag the animal. Hair starts slipping after death and each time you set it down on cactus the spines may small pin holes that open up in brain tanning. The thin skin can wear through depending on how far you drag it and how rough the terrain is. Since the animal didn't run and you skinned it out soon afterwards you should have some fine tasting meat that surpasses elk, mule deer and on par with grain fed whitetail. Hunting magazine publishers prefer pictures where a lot of the blood is wiped clean or reduced but that is only if you are interested in selling a hunting story for money. What price are out of state tags in Wyoming for bucks and do you have to have a guide or can hunt on own? Out of state doe tags used to go for $40.00 and you could buy a dozen at a time but that is past history. Someone told me out of state even for doe run close to $100.00.
As Elzay said go to the Wyoming fish and game site its all there, If you thinking aout hunting Antelope in Wyoming start buying points now. Prepare yourself for the prices for tags.

Nice animal. That Flintlock brings a whole new level to "One Shot at Lander"..
My grandfather was the Game and Fish representative as a game warden. That was the year Howard Hill participated. He and my grandfather became friends there. I have the arrow that Hill took his antelope with.
Just sit on a water hole during this hot fall weather and should not be a problem to get a goat with a smoke pole. Was going to get another one this year but did not draw.

Back