• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

"Success"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why avoid a heart shot? I have never killed a deer so I am genuinely asking/curious, not being critical.
Mine this year, shot thru the heart, went about 85 yds, I was holding for a lung shot - which is much quicker- but mis-judged the distance a bit. Enough daylight left to sniff it down but not much blood trail when you shut off the pump and no exit wound.

Mine this year, shot thru the heart, went about 85 yds, I was holding for a lung shot - which is much quicker- but mis-judged the distance a bit. Enough daylight left to sniff it down but not much blood trail when you shut off the pump and no exit wound.
Excellent point on the heart shot. Bird hunting is my first love, but I have been deer hunting before and I would have thought the heart would be preferable. Any way, congrats again to the OP.

Congrats on the kill.

Agree with why not the heart shot explanation. I never aim for the heart. I most always aim for the lungs, depending on the circumstance. Take the wind out of them and they won't go far. And with every step they spray blood up high and everywhere.

Back