• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Success during Missouri's squirrel opener

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Missouri's squirrel season opened this past Saturday and I was like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Of course, it rained that morning so I didn't get after them in earnest until yesterday. I flung a few arrows at the yard squirrels but couldn't connect. So I broke out my 32 caliber flintlock, Miss Daisy, and headed to the woods. The leaves are super thick and the squirrels super squirrelly so after a couple of misses I decided to break out Ole Betsy, my 12 gauge. Things started to die after that. I killed these three in about 30 minutes. Smoked squirrel nachos are on the menu!

MsRDeSy.jpg

XF7e7hZ.jpg

Darren

Missouri's squirrel season opened this past Saturday and I was like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Of course, it rained that morning so I didn't get after them in earnest until yesterday. I flung a few arrows at the yard squirrels but couldn't connect. So I broke out my 32 caliber flintlock, Miss Daisy, and headed to the woods. The leaves are super thick and the squirrels super squirrelly so after a couple of misses I decided to break out Ole Betsy, my 12 gauge. Things started to die after that. I killed these three in about 30 minutes. Smoked squirrel nachos are on the menu!

MsRDeSy.jpg

XF7e7hZ.jpg

Darren
smoked tree rat....now that sounds interesting, might have to give it a try :thumb: :thumb:

Our season used to open mid October. Now it starts mid September. I tried it last year, but just too hot, too many bugs, and too many spider webs. Plus theres too much live foliage in September. Can hardly find them.

Ill wait until early to mid October this year like what I was used to in the old days.

Back