• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Sturgill Simpson- Story of a Mountain man named DOOD,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Kopp

40 Cal
Reaction score
Has anyone heard the New Sturgill Simpson Album.....Might want to check it out. Its a concept album about a Mountain man with his trust Kentucky rifle

1629989298531.png

Love the music. I've learned to avoid a performer's politics (if possible). This album would go great along side Riders in the Sky and Michael Martin Murphy cowboy songs CDs.

As someone who grew up with traditional folk music and sea chanties, I miss ballads as a genre. Thanks for bring up this album.

Jeff

Should have mentioned this in my comment above. In keeping with the historic eras of the Forum, I regard ballads as frontier music, suitable around a campfire or in a small settlement. All they need is a voice, maybe with a single instrument to accompany.

Jeff

Back