• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

stuck bullet starter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenl349

36 Cl.
Reaction score
The handle of my bullet starter came off and the rest--along with a patch and ball are stuck in the barrel. any ideas how to get it out? tried pulling from the front of the barrel but it won't budge

The handle of my bullet starter came off and the rest--along with a patch and ball are stuck in the barrel. any ideas how to get it out? tried pulling from the front of the barrel but it won't budge
Use the search feature and search “stuck ball”. There are 10,000 threads and comments on how to do it.

There shouldn't be much holding the short starter in place, use a set of needle nose or forceps to lift it out. The ball can either be seated or pulled your choice.

If you can get a grip with a needle nose then pour some water down to soak the patch up good first. Maybe a drop or 2 of dish detergent added for slippery sake. Let it set a minute and it should come out.

Since you posted the thread yesterday, I'm assuming you got the problem solved by now. How did you accomplish it?

Latest posts

Back