• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Striker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying B

.54 cal
Reaction score
Yes I did use a small hammer. :)
forged from a file tang
C9091502-CB25-4AD1-B274-043479608667.jpeg

You did a nice job with that! In form, it is a lot like the Wilmas striker that so many of the British and Scandinavian bushcraft suppliers sell. Yours is a little smaller, but not by much. I've turned into sort of a firesteel collector and I've inadvertently ended up with three of the Wilmas steels. None of them spark worth a hoot! I think they are stamped or cut out of knife-blade steel, because all three are identical. I don't know if it is the steel or the heat-treat that is the problem with them. I have a number of hand forged steels by different makers that are way better sparkers than the mass produced ones.

I'm glad to see another blacksmith making nicely formed and good-sparking steels. I'm sure it takes a great deal of skill to forge one that small, yet so beautifully formed. Kudos to you!

Notchy Bob

Back