• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Strange Location & Markings On Old Percussion Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Starr

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have an antique .50 caliber percussion rifle that I gave to a gunsmith for a good going over; cleaning, tightening things up; new frizzen, etc. It's a beautiful gun with lots of brass and silver. Anyway, upon removing the stock underneath the barrel various initials were discovered which according to the gunsmith, who has a great reputation & done some work on muzzleloaders for movies, related that in some cases the builder would put his initials in that location. I have tracings he gave me for those initials which I will include here. Perhaps someone knows who it could be. I will be putting it up for sale here eventually; any idea on the value? I purchased it some time ago in northern PA but am told it came from NY.
023.jpg

Ok, here are a few pics.
001.jpg

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg