• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Stolen Wampum Belt - Southwest PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was posted by a friend, just spreading the word. Note that it is a reproduction, not an original.
So while I was working at the 18th-Century exhibit at Meadowcroft today, I was out of the cabin teaching tomahawk throwing. A visitor went into the cabin and stole the belt of wampum we use for education. I am incredibly angry about this, why would you take something 1) an educational instrument 2) from a museum. I will attach pictures below so that anyone who does 18th-century reenactment can keep an eye out. Luckily this is not an artifact, It is a replica.
Meadowcroft is part of the Heinz History Center, their website is: www.heinzhistorycenter.org/

Mods, if this is in the wrong place or against policy, please fee free to move/delete.
Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• Belt1.jpg
    Belt1.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Belt2.jpg
    Belt2.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 113
I am sorry to hear of this theft. Whoever made that wampum belt did a good job. I've done some beadwork, and understand the amount of labor that goes in to it. That wampum belt is a valuable artifact even if it is a reproduction, and I hope it can be recovered.

I would suggest posting this on the ALR forum also... The get quite a lot of visits on that site every day. You might also send notices to Muzzle Blasts and Muzzleloader magazines, and maybe even Whispering Wind. There would be some delay in getting the word out, but the printed medium might reach a few readers who don't utilize electronic social media.

Good luck!

Notchy Bob

Thanks for the replies gents. The original post was on fb, I'll pass along the suggestions from Notchy Bob to the original poster.

Thanks,
Mike

Latest posts

Back