• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stock Blanks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HavanaMax

32 Cal
Reaction score
I can find plenty of sources for shaped and inletted stocks, blanks not so much. Dixie has a few, not much though. Any recommendations?

There are guys on here that sell them. I've been sitting on a fairly nice supply myself for the last several years, but between the guns I've built, a few gifts to gun-building buddies and trading a few for other stuff, I'm getting fairly low. Post a wanted ad or just keep your eyes open. You could also deal with a good mill or hardwood dealer and likely get whatever you wanted, although it may not be cheap depending on where you go.

I always prefer to send the specs of my intended build to the suppliers to help them. If you can draw up a full sized template and send it that helps even more. For certain styles like Lehighs and Bedfords, the gun's extreme drop aat the toe can make wood selection that much harder. The fact that Lehighs also have. A very high wrist can complicate things further, because a lot of blanks are already band sawed in to a general "gun profile". If you intend to include cast-off that can add to the width / thickness of the blank you need. If the blank is just an inch or so short )on the muzzle side) you can gain length there by splicing in a piece of wood at the very end, since it'll be buried under the muzzle cap on the final product.

I ordered my first plank from Tiger Hunt not too long ago and he took the liberty of calling me to confirm dimensions. I was very impressed w/ that and the board I received. Another option to consider.

Latest posts

Back