• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Stimulus Guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone invested their stimulus money in BP guns? If so, any trouble getting guns made in Italy?

I have been thinking about investing mine in another BP gun, just not sure what I want. Where I live is in the sticks so that means if I want something new it is internet buying.

Seems when I look, everything I really want is over my money, so that means I have to add to it. Huh.

I keep looking at the Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken in maple. I just wish it came with a Radio Flyer wagon to haul it around.

Another on my list would be the Pedersoli Remington '58, not sure what the wait time is or if they are available.

So far my lusting keeps taking me back to the Pedersoli web site.

I bought a used T/C 56 caliber Smoothbore single trigger. The bore is bit rough but I wanted it as a shotgun and the price was right. But I have not bought any new firearms.

I did. I bought a Jack Duprey made bench copy of a Soddy-Daisy Tennessee Rifle c1825 in .36 caliber. (Second from the bottom). Best stimerless I ever spent. Had to steal the wifey's to make it happen. Told her we didn't qualify.... :thumb:

9F7E67B5-1DB4-4BFF-95E5-C3F5DAE99195_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Did my spending before the stimulus money, picking up 4 C&B revolvers in March and early April when I saw a couple of deals and saw a trend of the Italian guns going out of stock. Didn't intend to buy four, but it ended up that way.

I'm sitting on the money, I figure the govt, will ask for it back come tax time.

I wouldn't worry about that:

“No, the payment is not income and taxpayers will not owe tax on it...

...The stimulus payment — or economic impact payment, as the IRS calls it — is technically a tax credit for 2020...A tax deduction is good, but a tax credit is very good....

...A refundable tax credit is a thing of wonder ....you're getting what amounts to a refundable tax credit now in the form of a stimulus payment, "

https://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/info-2020/are-stimulus-checks-taxed.html
I wouldn't worry about them raising income taxes in the near term either the way things are going, certainly if the status quo remains the same in DC after November. Eventually taxes will go up to pay for this boondoggle, but not in the immediate future.

Just trying to provide some information and where to look at it to help you out.

Use it or not, its up to you.

A ray of sun shine does exist.

My list is getting narrower, spend the money and support a gun seller.

Then I'll just consider it exactly what they are calling it, a tax credit.

The return of some of my money that I paid them.

I'm happy for anyone who bought something they may not have been able to afford without it. I shed blood for Ol' Sam but he taxes my liquor so I say we're even.... (I type quickly before running to check the temp on the still...)

Latest posts

Back