Stimulus Guns

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone invested their stimulus money in BP guns? If so, any trouble getting guns made in Italy?

I have been thinking about investing mine in another BP gun, just not sure what I want. Where I live is in the sticks so that means if I want something new it is internet buying.

Seems when I look, everything I really want is over my money, so that means I have to add to it. Huh.

I keep looking at the Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken in maple. I just wish it came with a Radio Flyer wagon to haul it around.

Another on my list would be the Pedersoli Remington '58, not sure what the wait time is or if they are available.

So far my lusting keeps taking me back to the Pedersoli web site.

ppg1949

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a used T/C 56 caliber Smoothbore single trigger. The bore is bit rough but I wanted it as a shotgun and the price was right. But I have not bought any new firearms.

sussexmuzllodr

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Waiting for the arrival of a Lyman Deer stalker.
Thanks President Trump!

SM

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
What happens in Soddy, stays in Soddy.

Or so I’ve been told......

Great looking display.

TNGhost

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Did my spending before the stimulus money, picking up 4 C&B revolvers in March and early April when I saw a couple of deals and saw a trend of the Italian guns going out of stock. Didn't intend to buy four, but it ended up that way.

waarp8nt

32 Cal.
Reaction score
East of the Kaskaskia River in Illinois Country
A local gun shop has several T/C's on consignment. Mostly Hawken and Renegades of various calibers. I purchased a .56 cal Renegade with single trigger and good bore. Was going to buy a .45 cal Hawken too, but the one I wanted had already sold.

TNGhost

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sitting on the money, I figure the govt, will ask for it back come tax time.
I wouldn't worry about that:

“No, the payment is not income and taxpayers will not owe tax on it...

...The stimulus payment — or economic impact payment, as the IRS calls it — is technically a tax credit for 2020...A tax deduction is good, but a tax credit is very good....

...A refundable tax credit is a thing of wonder ....you're getting what amounts to a refundable tax credit now in the form of a stimulus payment, "

I wouldn't worry about them raising income taxes in the near term either the way things are going, certainly if the status quo remains the same in DC after November. Eventually taxes will go up to pay for this boondoggle, but not in the immediate future.

clarksvillejoe

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Used govt. money on this one, first flint. Fired last weekend, I am hooked now. Yep, its a lefty, as am I. Don't know who put together but they did a fine job. I am possibly going to brown the barrel in future, especially after reading the threads.Lefty flint.jpg

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Just trying to provide some information and where to look at it to help you out.

Use it or not, its up to you.

A ray of sun shine does exist.

My list is getting narrower, spend the money and support a gun seller.

TNGhost

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Then I'll just consider it exactly what they are calling it, a tax credit.

The return of some of my money that I paid them.

Reaction score
clarksvillejoe, nice long rifle and even has the lock on the correct side if it were mine I would leave it as is use the dickens out of it clean well after each shooting an it will develop a nice patina.

leverfred

45, 45, 32 ,32 & 40
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I framed my check and hung it on the wall!

Bob McBride

40 Cal
Reaction score
I'm happy for anyone who bought something they may not have been able to afford without it. I shed blood for Ol' Sam but he taxes my liquor so I say we're even.... (I type quickly before running to check the temp on the still...)

Latest posts