• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Start of a swivel breech

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bang

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Decided to build my long sought after swivel breech rifle. Not much to show but it's a beginning.
IMG_20210429_165501417_HDR.jpg

Pivot plate that barrels will be attached to with countersunk high grade screws through the breech plug.

16197342156074550722873436206034.jpg

Face plate and tang.
16197345566927044865572276989354.jpg

Assembly with trigger plate, not welded on yet. Tang and trigger plate will be narrowed and curved once stock is carved then weld on trigger plate.

Just came across this thread…
How is the build going? I have always been interested in obscure muzzle loader designs ie swivel breech, under-hammer rifles. The swivel breech is one of my favorites! Two shot, rifles and smooth bores were status symbols for their owners in the 18th and 19th century. Most poor folks couldn’t afford a single shot rifle, much less a two shooter.

Just came across this thread…
How is the build going? I have always been interested in obscure muzzle loader designs ie swivel breech, under-hammer rifles. The swivel breech is one of my favorites! Two shot, rifles and smooth bores were status symbols for their owners in the 18th and 19th century. Most poor folks couldn’t afford a single shot rifle, much less a two shooter.
Build got put on back burner. Wife had knee rebuild from a fall plus broken left arm near shoulder. About time she got over that her back went. Fusion T12-L3, steel rods and cage. Have no idea when I'll get back on it.

Oh my! God bless y’all! I pray for her to have a speedy and complete recovery!

I feel your pain, somewhat. I’ve had back trouble in the L-4 L-5 area since an accident back in 1997. It took 5 epidurals and a lot of prayer over a period of several years to relieve the const pain I was in. I pray your wife comes out of it okay.

Back