• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Standard/Magnum caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I can find them locally they are almost always CCI Magnums $8.99 a hundred hanging next to Remington #11s for the same price and I usually pick up some of each.

The magnum caps are good if you are using fake black powder cause they have a somewhat hotter flame. They are not necessary if you use real BP, but with current conditions use whatever you can find.

And if anyone can explain the current shortage of almost ALL primers, please let me know. I had to go on Gunbroker the other day as every supplier I tried had "Out Of Stock" for almost every doggone primer I saw.

I find no difference in the two, local big box store here, asking 15.99 a tin for magnum. Ask the employee why so much, his answer, they are magnum! Lol. Another store asking 5.95 for cci # 11, just crazy stuff.

i used magnum caps when i had a misfire in my caplock. just to see it that would work. 80% of the time it worked! just one step before removing the nipple to pack the fire channel.
in use i chrono'ed a 22 inch 54 interarms once and as close as i could tell there was 25-35 fps difference between the cci 11# and the Magnums.

Back