• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Stainless Pietta 1858 .44 New Army Revolver plus accessories

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I bought it here in The People Republik of NJ so it's registered to me and any sale or trade has to go FFL to FFL (get my name off it).
(I'll cover FFL fee's on my end - I knocked $25 off already to reflect any fee's on your end)

$425 with accessories, + shipping
or trade for a modern steel, flintlock, single barrel shotgun, 12 gauge, either improved cylinder choke or modified jug choke.

Located in Manalapan NJ

Harder to get 8" barrel. (Imported though Cabelas and EMF, this was Cabelas)
Less than 100 shots though it
Comes with a Lyman .454 ball mold, and all the balls in the photo.
(small clump of stuck together felt wadds not included)

Only for sale because I stumbled into a Ruger Old Army and I don't collect and only need one to shoot and I'm OUT of space in my safe !

20220217_215036.jpg
20220217_215048.jpg
20220217_215125.jpg
20220217_215144.jpg
ems 2.PNG
20220303_111946.jpg

Last edited:
Sudsy, Nice Gun. I think if your sale goes to a State where these items are looked at as curios and relic,s i do not think the the FFL ruling may apply. There is no FFL form on blackpowder guns brought in NJ. And no form of register. Just the form the dealer retains at the place of business where it was sold. Many States do not consider Black Powder Guns as modern. A State under those guidelines would be legal to ship to. I may be wrong but im somewhat certain. Hope this helps. A former sufferer.....

Sudsy, Nice Gun. I think if your sale goes to a State where these items are looked at as curios and relic,s i do not think the the FFL ruling may apply. There is no FFL form on blackpowder guns brought in NJ. Just the required purchase permit.. Just the form the dealer retains at the place of business where it was sold. Many States do not consider Black Powder Guns as modern. A State under those guidelines would be legal to ship to. I may be wrong but im somewhat certain. Hope this helps. A former sufferer.....

I think if your sale goes to a State where these items are looked at as curios and relic,s i do not think the the FFL ruling may apply.

It's a grey area.
I asked the 3 local FFL guys I deal with and all three said the same thing - FFL to FFL
And it's only $25 so it's not like the money they would get would make a difference to their answer
And I already took that off my price

It's a grey area.
I asked the 3 local FFL guys I deal with and all three said the same thing - FFL to FFL
And it's only $25 so it's not like the money they would get would make a difference to their answer
And I already took that off my price
I think because you still live there.s so there could be some validity. Stay well up there my friend. SM

I'm just asking for general purposes and to maybe help you find a buyer; can it go from your FFL to a non-FFL in a free state?

Nice gun by the way.

I'm really not sure
But like I said, I already took $25 off the price so it shouldn't cost anything beyond going to your FFL to pick it up

I'm really not sure
But like I said, I already took $25 off the price so it shouldn't cost anything beyond going to your FFL to pick it up

FWIW, some FFL's in my state charge a transfer/paperwork fee for both outgoing & incoming transfers.

Guys..., the seller explains in his ad that he is in NJ and there it is registered under his name, and only through the FFL transfer will it legally no longer show in NJ as his property.
Exactly
And my 3 local FFLs will only ship it to another FFL (I guess to cover their own butts)

Like I've said though I already took $25 off the price to reflect the FFL fee at your end and I'll pay for my end - so all it's costing you is the drive to pick it up.

I'll share my experience. I bought a muzzleloader last year from an individual from NJ and it was shipped from his FFL to my FFL in Missouri and I was not charged any fees on my end. Not a big deal folks and good luck with your sale.

Guys..., the seller explains in his ad that he is in NJ and there it is registered under his name, and only through the FFL transfer will it legally no longer show in NJ as his property.

LD
I understand and feel sorry for that but the FFL issue means new buyer information may be permanently attached to the item. I think this was the intent.

I understand and feel sorry for that but the FFL issue means new buyer information may be permanently attached to the item. I think this was the intent.

It's a cap and ball revolver, not a "Black Gun" that could be banned at some point
Unless you plan on robbing a stagecoach with it, why care ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back