• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stain and browning help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it were me i would dye it rather than stain it.
this gun is made out of a birch tree i felled for firewood. i dyed it with fiebings leather dye.
IMG_4543.JPG
IMG_4542.JPG

As this is my first build and life is about to get a lot more hectic I want to keep it simple. That is why I would like to go with a stain from LMF.
Old guy I like your color on that stock. Maybe I order the LMF maple stain and try that first. If I want it more brown I can always add some of the nut brown on top.
At this point I think that is my plan.....

As this is my first build and life is about to get a lot more hectic I want to keep it simple. That is why I would like to go with a stain from LMF.
Old guy I like your color on that stock. Maybe I order the LMF maple stain and try that first. If I want it more brown I can always add some of the nut brown on top.

So I finally am at the staining and browning stage. I started another thread on the form related to building questions on the rifle. Been asking lots of questions there. But thought I would post here again to show the progress.
I did one coat of LMS maple stain. Then applied a second coat of diluted nut brown. It currently has a flood coat of tongue oil split with citrus solvent. It seemed a little bit more brownish before I put the tongue oil on but at this point it is what it is.
1735BC64-6D2B-415D-AF1C-735D70B2F8B6.jpeg
6FE12EDE-BC6E-4E30-8681-2995AC76E371.jpeg
78EE05EA-7301-41E6-B1C0-99D7481C1BE4.jpeg

Back